Healthcare Anaphylaxis is aimed at healthcare professionals who require a more advanced course in Anaphylaxis care. The course covers all the same as our standard course with the addition of the special considerations that healthcare professionals face. The course is based on the recommendations for Anaphylaxis care as laid down by the UK Resuscitation Council.
The course covers the use of Epi-Pens, Jext and Enerade as well as recognition of signs, treatment, concerns and activating the EMS as well as care for the patient. We have a 100% classroom course for this and the certificate is valid for one year. To renew complete the same course again.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a ProTrainings Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
This course comes with 4.0 hours of CPD, although the time to complete the course online may be less than this. Total course time includes 1 hours and 24 minutes of video training as well as knowledge reviews, final test, remedial help and reviewing downloaded material.
Occupations that can use this course:
- What is Anaphylaxis
- Living with Anaphylaxis
- Minor allergic reactions
- What causes a reaction and who is affected
- Activating EMS
- What is an Auto-Injector
- Storage and disposal
- Who prescribes auto injectors
- Checking auto injectors and expiry dates
- Signs and symptoms of Anaphylaxis
- Basic First Aid advice
- Schools and teachers
- Biphasic Anaphylactic Reactions
- Giving a second dose
- ABCDE Approach Introduction
- ABCDE Approach Breakdown
- Why is there different advice for healthcare professionals
- Patient Education
- Guidelines on giving two auto injectors
- Choice of needles
- Giving medications out of the hospital environment
- How much Adrenaline should be given
- Oxygen and Anaphylaxis
- Practice and keeping up to date