Training for Performing Risk Assessment in the Workplace
Risk Assessment is a trainer led course that is delivered over a full day or as a video online course on our risk assessment site.. The course aims are to give an understanding of the importance of risk assessment and current applicable legislation, to promote awareness and understanding of what constitutes a hazard, to promote understanding of the 5 steps of carrying out a risk assessment, and to give an understanding of different control measures and how these might be implemented. By the end of this session, candidates will understand the importance of risk assessment and current applicable legislation, understand what constitutes a hazard, understand the hierarchy of controls, and be able to carry out a risk assessment.
This qualification is designed to be an introduction to the principles of Risk Assessment. It covers why risk assessments are necessary, the legal requirements relating to risk assessments and simple processes for carrying out a risk assessment. It is suitable for learners working in any environment who need to be more risk aware by raising their knowledge of risk in the workplace and basic things they can do to control it.
Please note that learners undertaking a ProTrainings Trainings Course have the option to chose to take a regulated qualification.
The content of this and all our courses has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines and come with a Certified CPD Statement as well as a ProTrainings Certificate and for online courses an Evidence Based Learning statement.
This course comes with 4.0 hours of CPD, although the time to complete the course online may be less than this. Total course time includes 1 hours and 0 minutes of video training as well as knowledge reviews, final test, remedial help and reviewing downloaded material.
Occupations that can use this course:
- Health and Safety representatives
- Employees to gain knowledge of the importance of risk assessing
- What is a risk assessment
- Why do we need them
- Accident reduction
- Reasonably Practical
- Risk Assessment
- What is a hazard
- What causes Accidents
- Lone Worker emergency plan and risk assessment
- How to risk assess
- 5 stages of risk assessing
- Identify the Hazard
- Identify those who may be harmed
- Evaluate the risks and decide on precaution
- Record your findings and implement them
- review you assessment and update if necessary
- Manual Handling risk assessing
- Assessing Risks
- Assessing the individual move
- Assessing and controlling Risks using TILE
- T in TILE
- I in TILE
- L in TILE
- E in TILE
- Manual handling risk assessing exercise
- Ways to reduce Risk
- Personal Protective Equipment
- COSHH Control Measures
- Ensuring Risks Stay Controlled
- Emergency Procedures